We are moving toward becoming a more purpose-oriented church. The five-fold purposes of the church are: Worship, Discipleship, Fellowship, Evangelism, and Ministry.
Our Core Values:
• Friends in name and practice
• Real and authentic followers
• Intentionally purpose-driven
• Every member a minister
• Never compromise the gospel
• Development of mature disciples
• Seeker seekers
We'd love to have you come and be a part of one of our times together listed below.
9:45 Sunday School
5:30 Pre-Class Fellowship
6:00 Class for Youth and Adults (Currently Class 101 begins October 6)
7:00 Choir Practice & Youth Activities
We're on FACEBOOK, COME FIND US THERE!
The Friends have used "Queries" so individuals have a tool to evaluate themselves (with assistance from the Holy Spirit) . These challenging questions can be helpful in evaluating one's Christian life:
- Do you live in vital relationship with God, trusting in Jesus Christ as your saving Lord and obeying the leadings of the Holy Spirit? Is Christ's presence evident in your life?
- Do you cultivate your spiritual growth through prayer and Bible readings and through attendance at meetings for worship and study? Are you finding joy in the Lord?
- Does your inward faith turn outward? Do you pray for your friends and associates and for those engaged in spreading the Gospel? Have you examined your beliefs and prepared yourself to share them, with sensitivity and humility, as the Holy Spirit leads?
- Do you acknowledge God's ownership of all that is under your care? Do you give of your time and abilities in service to church and community and gratefully use your possessions as a trust to honor God?The Individual and the Church?
The Individual and the Church
- Are meetings for worship and business duly held, and are you regular in attending them? Do you come ready to commune with God and to fellowship with believers, willing to participate in contemplation or in spoken ministry?
- As followers of Christ, do you love and respect each other? Do patience and consideration govern your interactions; and when differences arise, do you resolve them promptly in a spirit of forgiveness and understanding? Are you careful with the reputation of others?
- Do you give generous financial support to the work of Friends? Do you contribute regularly to the ministry of your church and to the wider outreach of the Yearly Meeting? Are you and your meeting aware of those likely to require material aid, and do you give freely to those in need?
- Do you uphold the standards of Friends? Are you careful in appointing officers and Sunday school teachers, in calling pastors and special speakers, in sending out missionaries and recording ministers, to see that they are in harmony with the principals of Friends as stated in the Faith and Practice of the Yearly Meeting?
Marriage, Children, Home
- Do you conduct yourself in a manner that supports and preserves the sanctity and permanence of marriage? Do you who are married yield to each other in decisions and build up each other as individuals, always cherishing your common bond?
- Do you who have children under your care educate them for upright and useful lives? Do you nurture them toward Christian faith and commitment, giving them the Scriptures for thier guide? Are you watching over your young people with loving concern and providing a place for each one in the life of the church?
- Are you teaching your children the ways of Friends? Do you encourage them to participate in Friends programs and to attend Friends schools?
- Do you and your family use free time in ways that refresh the spirit and benefit mind and body, that encourage creativity and friendliness? Is your home a pleasant, peaceful place?
Manner of Living
- Is your life marked by simplicity? Are you free from the burden of unnecessary possessions? Do you avoid waste? Do you refuse to let the prevailing culture and media dictate your needs and values?
- Are you careful to live within your income? Do you avoid involving yourself in business beyond your ability to manage or in highly speculative ventures? Are you willing to accept a lower economic standard rathern than compromise Christian values?
- Are you honest and just in yor dealings? Are you ture to your promises, prompt in paying debts, and responsible in handling money or property entrusted to you?
- Do you discipline your mind and body to serve as instruments of the Lord? Do you avoid pornography? Do you abstain from harmful, addictive, and unnecessary drugs and from profiting from their use? Do you refrain from gambling and taking part in lotteries?